Anatomy is the study of the structure and function of the human body. During the course, students learn topics including human evolution, stem cell development, genetics and biodiversity and dissect a human body.
Anatomy is the branch of biology concerned with the study of structure of organisms and their parts. Human anatomy is one of the basic essentials sciences of medicine.
The discipline of anatomy is divided into macroscopic and microscope anatomy, those who take career in anatomy are called ANATOMIST
CAREERS IN HUMAN ANATOMY
Graduates of anatomy can take up career in variety of places such as;
1.MINISTRY OF HEALTH; career opportunity exist for an anatomist in the ministry of health to join hand with other health professionals in executing government programs on health.
2. GVERNMENT AND PRIVATE HOSPITALS; Graduates of anatomy are employed in government and private hospitals as chiropractors to treat patients with problems relating with musculoskeletal system which consists of the bones, muscles, ligaments and tendons. They also evaluate a patient’s posture, perform physical examinations and treat patients with back pains.
3. TEACHING HOSPITALS; Anatomy is one of the core areas of study for all medical students, hence graduates of anatomy are essentially needed in the teaching hospitals to compliment the training of doctors.
4. RESEARCH LABORATORIES; An Anatomist can be employed in medical research laboratories to investigate human diseases, develop procedures for medical applications and analyze medical samples. They also work with health department and physicians to develops programme that will improve health safety standards.
5. GOVERNMENT CORPORATIONS AND AGENCIES; National and international health related agencies and corporations like World Health Organization(WHO) , The united nations children fund (UNICEF) and National agency for food, drugs administration and control (NAFDAC) requires the services of Anatomy graduates in the delivery of their services and mandate to the people.
6. TEACHING AND RESEARCH IN UNIVERSITIES; Graduate anatomist could take up career as biology teacher in secondary school or by taking postgraduate studies of masters or PhD could become research scientist in the college of medicine or university.
7. INDUSTRIAL PLANTS OR FIRMS; Career also exist for graduates of anatomy in industries as research scientist, medical salesperson, analytical and qualitative roles in computing, accounting, banking and other financial services.
NOTE: Anatomy is a programme of study in the faculty of medical and pharmaceutical sciences, Duration of the programme is 4 years and 5 years in the University of Technology. QUALIFYING SUBJECTS ; 5 O Level credits in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology
Has this article offers solution or help or any kind, Kindly let me know by your remark or press on any of the share buttons to social media of your choice.